Plant Nutritional Genomics
Plant nutrition is ultimately an applied subject that seeks to understand the processes and mechanisms that underpin the uptake, assimilation and internal redistribution of nutrients by plants and then to use this information to improve the yield or quality of harvested plant parts, be they grains, storage roots or leafy vegetables. The subject now also encompasses the understanding of the responses of plants to nutrient toxicities as well as new topics such as metal ‘hyper accumulation’ and its exploitation in soil decontamination.
- Track 1-1 Mapping Nutritional Traits
- Track 2-2 Protein Engineering
- Track 3-3 Drug Development and design
- Track 4-4 Green nanotechnology
- Track 5-5 Management from heavy metal contamination
- Track 6-6 Transgenic plants producing vaccines