Plant Molecular Breeding
Plant molecular Breeding is the use of genetic manipulation performed at DNA molecular level to improve the characters of interest in plants overtime to make them better crops and more nourishing food. Population genetics involves in the examination and modelling of changes in the frequencies of genes and alleles in plant populations over time and space. There are two methods in plant breeding- Conventional method and Unconventional method. Polyploidy have many effects on plants which vary greatly from species to species, as well as from functions of gene expression, ploidy level, heterozygosity and different traits of individual plants.
- Track 1-1 QTL mapping or gene discovery
- Track 2-2 Marker assisted Breeding
- Track 3-3 Genetic engineering
- Track 4-4 Population Genetics
- Track 5-5 Polyploidy in Plant Breeding
- Track 6-6 Marketing and Societal Issues