Plant biotechnology can be defined as the introduction of desirable traits into plants through genetic modification. This allow researchers to detect and map genes, discover their functions, select for specific genes in genetic resources and breeding, and transfer genes for specific traits into plants where they are needed.
- Track 1-1 Genetic structures and mechanisms
- Track 2-2 Identification of traits and genes that can contribute to agriculture
- Track 3-3 Plant genome sequences, molecular markers, and bioinformatics
- Track 4-4 Gene Editing/Genome Editing
- Track 5-5 Synthetic Biology